Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Aight,

I've got 14.86 and wondering what I should get, heres a screenshot of what I have

Not all of them are on my touch, but some are

Picture1-3.png

Picture2-6.png

Picture3-5.png

Zym

App1€

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2008
Never mind i just saw it lol you got lots man.

ummm LED football is really addicting and only .99

yoppie

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2007
I thought I had a lot but geez you have more than twice the apps that I have. :eek:

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Never mind i just saw it lol you got lots man.

ummm LED football is really addicting and only .99

It's only the lite version though so I might get it

I thought I had a lot but geez you have more than twice the apps that I have. :eek:

hehe, I get all the apps I can that interest me, but then i only keep the ones I use constantly on my iPod, i usually only have 3 pages on my ipod, thats 68 apps overall, minus the original, so it's not too much =]

Bugdom 2 seems pretty interesting so far. You could check that one out.
Yeah, i like the other pangea soft games so i was interested in that, also the guitarist by moocowmusic looks nice, but idk if it's worth 3 bucks, any thoughts?

Zym

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
You could purchase the full version of Galcon, so you could
play multiplayer online, and I'm telling you it's highly addictive!

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008

Thats what a lot of people say, but i just dont get it. the lite version wasnt really addictive

Zym

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
Thats what a lot of people say, but i just dont get it. the lite version wasnt really addictive

Zym

Well when you play online, with real people, it is tremendously fast paced.

You need to carefully select which planet you're gonna attack, is it your opponent's? a random planet? or will you wait before attacking? Is it advisable to conquer a lot of planets before attacking? Or attacking then conquering.

Either way you'll never regret it if you try the online play, a lot of skilled players are out there ;)

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan

You need to carefully select which planet you're gonna attack, is it your opponent's? a random planet? or will you wait before attacking? Is it advisable to conquer a lot of planets before attacking? Or attacking then conquering.

Either way you'll never regret it if you try the online play, a lot of skilled players are out there ;)

Its a great game but I can't figure out the strategy. I always get pwned immediately.

Eric Isaacson

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2008
Give Trism and Fire Words a look. I really enjoy both of them and they are cheap enough you'll have a little left over.

Eric

SenatorOmelet

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2008
Too much hype on that Trism...

I bought Trism recently after the price came down and was a bit disappointed.
I like DizzyBee and Labyrinth better.

What I really have had fun with is Cosmovox. It is a really cool synth that you play using the accelerometer. There are a bunch of videos on YouTube of it now. It is cheap as well... $1.99 or $2.99 I forget now....

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
Its a great game but I can't figure out the strategy. I always get pwned immediately.

Well, some tips that might help you:
-Attack a planet which is big AND number of fleets present to defend are small (that way you loose a small amount of ships, and production is faster)

-When your enemy is somehow closer to you (at initial start), on the lower right tap it till it reaches 100%, wait like one to three seconds (or when the enemy deploys his fleet somewhere) then attack his planet, that way you conquer two big planets :)

-Always always consider the number of fleets defending in the "neutral" planets, never attack a small planet that has like 30+ ships. Always go for the big ones that has like 20 or less.

Hope that helps. And yes I'm still recommending Galcon multiplayer haha!

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008

Well, some tips that might help you:
-Attack a planet which is big AND number of fleets present to defend are small (that way you loose a small amount of ships, and production is faster)

-When your enemy is somehow closer to you (at initial start), on the lower right tap it till it reaches 100%, wait like one to three seconds (or when the enemy deploys his fleet somewhere) then attack his planet, that way you conquer two big planets :)

-Always always consider the number of fleets defending in the "neutral" planets, never attack a small planet that has like 30+ ships. Always go for the big ones that has like 20 or less.

Hope that helps. And yes I'm still recommending Galcon multiplayer haha!

That's why I'm a little hesitant to get it, I don't know if I'll be any good, Thanks for the tips, I'll give it another look...

Give Trism and Fire Words a look. I really enjoy both of them and they are cheap enough you'll have a little left over.

Eric

I'm not sure about Trism, it doesn't look like it'd interest me, just look at the quote below this =]. Fire Words looks interesting, but I'm not sure whether to get it. Maybe...

I bought Trism recently after the price came down and was a bit disappointed.
I like DizzyBee and Labyrinth better.

What I really have had fun with is Cosmovox. It is a really cool synth that you play using the accelerometer. There are a bunch of videos on YouTube of it now. It is cheap as well... $1.99 or $2.99 I forget now....

Yeah, Trism doesn't look like the game for me.

I got the two lite versions of labyrinth and dizzybee and I didn't like them at all, labyrinth i just don't get and dizzybee was just i dont know weird. I have I think enough accelerometer games so, I think I'm looking for more of a touching game..
I'm going to do a review on Cosmovox so I just go it =] it was 1.99. I also got an updated version that's in review =]

dude, that is a ridiculous amount of apps!
I know =]. Not all of them are on my touch though =]

So here's my list of consideration(one's in bold are more considered)
Galcon
Fire Words
Guitarist
Line Rider
Air Hockey
Bugdom 2
Superball 2
LED Football
And some type of dictionary
Also I now have $14.86 =] Updraded
So any ideas??

Thanks

Zym

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
Not sure if you do a lot of RSS reading, but I bought and downloaded Manifesto -- pretty good RSS reader for the iPhone. There are many out there and this one had the 2nd highest rating and only cost $1.99!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.