Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kkclstuff

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2015
NYC
I updated to 15.5 on Tuesday 6pm. WED-THU no photo stream updates, then as of Fri (yesterday), all photos are now updating to MPS on Mac.

fingers crossed —I hope it continues to sync in 15.5+...

Reactions: toke lahti

toke lahti

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2007
Helsinki, Finland
Since photostream has never supported heif, there won't ever be mentions in Release notes, not to either way...
"Let's keep those icloud-non-payers on their toes..."

Gator5000e

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2018
So Apple got rid of PhotoStream for Windows via iCloud for Windows and for Apple TV but kept it for mobile devices?

DJ Rob

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2020
Stopped working for me on 15.4, then *fixed it* by changing the camera setting from High Efficiency to Most Compatible. Worked fine until I updated to 15.5. The photos are definitely getting pushed off the iPhone, since they appear on my iPad- but not on my MBP. Tried all the usual stuff- toggle photo stream on/off/on on both iPhone and MBP, same with iCloud (don't recommend- seems to whack a lot of stuff on MacOS). My MBP is on 12.3.1- maybe I'll update to 12.4 over this long (US) holiday weekend and see if that does it.

WannaGoMac

macrumors 68030
Feb 11, 2007
Stopped working for me on 15.4, then *fixed it* by changing the camera setting from High Efficiency to Most Compatible. Worked fine until I updated to 15.5. The photos are definitely getting pushed off the iPhone, since they appear on my iPad- but not on my MBP. Tried all the usual stuff- toggle photo stream on/off/on on both iPhone and MBP, same with iCloud (don't recommend- seems to whack a lot of stuff on MacOS). My MBP is on 12.3.1- maybe I'll update to 12.4 over this long (US) holiday weekend and see if that does it.
Switch camera back to use High Efficiency photos rather than most compatible?
Guess photo stream is dead except for ios and ipadOS

Bishta

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2015
Must be some sort of bug as I was having exactly the same issue but instead of trying to get it to sync the usual way that we all use 90%+ of the time from iOS to OS I just thought that I would drag a photo (just some image that I'd downloaded) into the Photos app on the Mac itself (Monterry 12.5) and all of a sudden everything came alive! I started seeing the photographs and images from my iOS devices appear in my Photos app on the mac!

BRY7

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2014
any such issues on iOS 16? holding back to update until someone can verify photostream works on iOS 16

osplo

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2008
Must be some sort of bug as I was having exactly the same issue but instead of trying to get it to sync the usual way that we all use 90%+ of the time from iOS to OS I just thought that I would drag a photo (just some image that I'd downloaded) into the Photos app on the Mac itself (Monterry 12.5) and all of a sudden everything came alive! I started seeing the photographs and images from my iOS devices appear in my Photos app on the mac!

Wow, this trick worked for me as well. But I can't believe that Photo Stream is so weak these days!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.