Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

avorian

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2002
ola all,

Two small questions:

1. I have a blue/white G3. Is there anything i need before i can hook up a 15" Apple LCD to it?

2. In a perfect world i would also be able to connect the same monitor to an intel machine. Is this possible?

I know these questions are pretty basic, when i asked them to several apple dealers here is got answers like 'G3... dunno, that's oooold' and 'intel, don't know anything about intel'. It's like these people don't want to sell anything..

:confused:

Thanks in advance for the help,
Avo

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Well, yeah... the new LCD's have the new ADC connector, which I believe requires AGP-model or newer mobo's. (I could be wrong, don't quote me on this.) But if I recall, I can't get a new Apple LCD for my G4 PCI, which uses the same mobo as the B/W G3.

I would hunt around for one of the old model G3 LCD's, the one with the weird "loop" stand for a base. They'll work with your G3 for sure.

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
You cannot use a new Apple display with any non-Mac machine.

Going with an old Apple display or a non-Apple display would be the best way for you to go.

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Here's a picture of the one I was talking about:

Attachments

• i-4.jpg
    i-4.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 140
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.