Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harvey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2002
I have an order for a 15" Powerbook pending with Apple right now. I had to put it through so that my purchasing authority would send the P.O. before a 9/1 deadline. (The person was leaving the organization).

I talked to the sales/service folks at Apple today, the order's been assigned a Sales Order number, but it wasn't "confirmed" in the system yet. I was told that I can't cancel the order once it ships from Taiwan. If a price reduction took effect, my agency would get a credit. They're talking like the order will ship "sometime next week".

What if they start taking orders for 15's before this order ships? What's the best way to handle it?

If anyone's been through one of these model-year dilemmas, I'd appreciate your advice.
Thanks,
Harvey

:D

naz

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2003
Bridgeport, CT
I was waiting for someone to answer you

I don't have the answer I'm kind of in the same place

My 17" should get here in a few days

I heard there is a 10 day buyer protection or return policy, I'm not very clear on it.

My PB is being purchased by a company, I wanted them to wait but they could not do it.

So if I get my box this week maybe I should just open it and enjoy.

But I would really like to have some options

like not open the box and trade it for the update :) next week???

ColoJohnBoy

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2003
Denver, Colorado
Hmmmmm... no, you can't cancel the order once it's been shipped. But I can't imagine Apple would suspend their 10-days-no-questions-asked return policy, even for an order like yours. So, best advice is let the machine come, see if there will be updates before the end of the 10-day period. If not, open the box and use the computer. I just purchased one, and I have no regrets. If there are updates, call Apple, explain the situation to them. They may be willing to do a one-to-one trade, and you could get the new machine no extra charge (unless of course it's more expensive.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.