Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikesGravity

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Southeast MI
So I purchased my usual brand screen protector (ESR) and the touch sensitivity is greatly diminished. So I ordered another pack and same thing. Anyone else notice this with their screen protector? I’ve never had this issue with this brand.

Reactions: neo61uk

nxt3

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2023
I also have ESR on my iPhone 15 Pro and I’m not noticing sensitivity issues with touch. Is there some way I could test it? Seems every bit as responsive as my iPhone 14 Pro.

coso

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2012
So I purchased my usual brand screen protector (ESR) and the touch sensitivity is greatly diminished. So I ordered another pack and same thing. Anyone else notice this with their screen protector? I’ve never had this issue with this brand.
You have zero issues with touch without protectors?

Ryan P

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2010
If there is one thing that seems durable on the new 15, it is the front screen. Survived most drop tests and slightly more scratch resistant.

I hate getting micro scratches on the front glass, but hate screen protectors more.

Reactions: StudioMacs

chillip

macrumors 68030
Mar 16, 2013
Have you removed the protector and same issue?

Mikeske

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2012
Washington
I had no issue what so ever on my iPhone 15 Pro screen protector that the cellular store put on my. Touch and motions are fine with no issues

Last edited:

chillip

macrumors 68030
Mar 16, 2013
I’m going for software. Clearly a lag in the software is causing this. You can see it as you type and navigate the UI.

NdTonks

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2021
I’m going for software. Clearly a lag in the software is causing this. You can see it as you type and navigate the UI.
Yep it’s software 100%. Download a touch calibration app and you can immediately verify there is nothing wrong with the panel. As you said, it’s the OS lagging. Hell I’m typing on my 15PM now and it’s lagging as I go.

Hope we get a fix this week

chillip

macrumors 68030
Mar 16, 2013
Yep it’s software 100%. Download a touch calibration app and you can immediately verify there is nothing wrong with the panel. As you said, it’s the OS lagging. Hell I’m typing on my 15PM now and it’s lagging as I go.

Hope we get a fix this week

How do you do that?

NdTonks

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2021
How do you do that?
Get the app? There are plenty on the App Store. Just search for “touch check” - it’s free - and test out your screen.

Mine registers touch perfectly all over but I get lag when typing quickly. So only conclusion is, it’s a software thing.

neo61uk

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2017
Bristol
Yes there is an issue with 15 pro
I have same issue with Spigen screen protector. Removed it now and still same. When I type fast it won’t recognise some taps. Very annoying. I expect software update soon.

MikesGravity

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Southeast MI
It seems to be better without a screen protector. But I’m a really fast typer so maybe I’m in tune to any bit of lag introduced. I never noticed anything on my 13 Pro with an ESR.

I just tried TORRAS and same thing. Took it right off.

I’ll wait for a few updates and try again.

coso

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2012
It seems to be better without a screen protector. But I’m a really fast typer so maybe I’m in tune to any bit of lag introduced. I never noticed anything on my 13 Pro with an ESR.

I just tried TORRAS and same thing. Took it right off.

I’ll wait for a few updates and try again.
FWIW I have absolutely no issues with my Spigen, same as without any screen protector

MikesGravity

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Southeast MI
It’s gotta be this same issue others are having. It’s probably more pronounced with a screen protector. I’ll be running without one until they come up with an update that fixes that. Hopefully. My 13P as perfect 😭

Ameer_1

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2023
Boca Raton, Florida
Check out Otterbox screen protector or Zagg screen protector I never had a problem with any of them or check out Aliexpress where you could get 5 screen protectors for $0.99

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.