Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mario-64

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2012
Hi all,

I‘m having an intermittent problem where my 15 Pro just stops ringing. Happened again today. The phone was sitting just away from me, not face down, and I saw the incoming call but no sound whatsoever. The phone was not on mute and is running the latest version of iOS. The only way to fix it is to reboot the phone. Anyone else experiencing this or have any ideas what could cause it?

Thank you,
mario

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
I've seen stuff like this too, going way back through different iPhones. People insist they called, the phone was ringing, and I don't see any missed call or anything. Or, like you, a call that rings and then randomly stops. I've just been assuming these are cell issues with Verizon. Which carrier are you on, out of curiousity?

(And no, I'm not talking about a focus mode here.)

mario-64

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2012
I don’t see how it’s a carrier issue. The calls do come in but my phone simply doesn’t ring. It lights up and I can see the incoming call visually. It’s like it incorrectly thinks it should be muted when nothing is enabled that should mute it. Could it be something with that Aware accessibility setting?

LacrosseChic

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2022
I don’t see how it’s a carrier issue. The calls do come in but my phone simply doesn’t ring. It lights up and I can see the incoming call visually. It’s like it incorrectly thinks it should be muted when nothing is enabled that should mute it. Could it be something with that Aware accessibility setting?
I had this a couple times on my 14 pro max actually. I can be sitting right next to it and I see it light up, but no sound. Or alternatively sound for a second or two then stops (but keeps ringing). No focus mode and not silent. Never figured out why and then it just stopped doing it

mario-64

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2012
I had this a couple times on my 14 pro max actually. I can be sitting right next to it and I see it light up, but no sound. Or alternatively sound for a second or two then stops (but keeps ringing). No focus mode and not silent. Never figured out why and then it just stopped doing it
This is exactly what I'm seeing as well but it's an ongoing issue.

• Sad
Reactions: LacrosseChic

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
My phone does this. It’ll do a partial ring (so I know it’s not on silent) then it stops making sound, even though it’s still ringing.

Reactions: mario-64

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
I get so few phone calls I would not even notice. If not in my contacts list my phone will not ring. The telemarketers are out of control. The government do not call list is a joke!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.