Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hog Milanese

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 19, 2012
Austin
I have a new 15" rMBP with Windows 10 on BootCamp. Most severe issue is that plugging in external displays does nothing. The displays aren't detected at all (whether TB or HDMI).

(I also don't understand why right-clicking isn't detected, the volume keys don't work, the brightness keys don't work, etc., but maybe there's nothing that can be done there?)

Any help would be appreciated. This is the model with Iris Pro 5200.

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
I have a new 15" rMBP with Windows 10 on BootCamp. Most severe issue is that plugging in external displays does nothing. The displays aren't detected at all (whether TB or HDMI).

(I also don't understand why right-clicking isn't detected, the volume keys don't work, the brightness keys don't work, etc., but maybe there's nothing that can be done there?)

Any help would be appreciated. This is the model with Iris Pro 5200.

Sounds like you're missing drivers. Did you download and install the latest version of the Boot Camp drivers?

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
If you check in your Windows device manager, you will likely see why you have hardware issues.
Likely at least 3 devices don't have correct drivers installed, such as the keyboard, trackpad, and graphics chipset, probably others.
You would need to get the boot camp drivers installed now. You can do that with the current version of Windows support software (drivers) available from Boot Camp Assistant

Hog Milanese

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 19, 2012
Austin
Thanks. Looks like my IT guy didn't install the drivers properly when he set it up (work laptop), so I had to download the Boot Camp drivers and do it myself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.