Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Khavik

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2023
Hi, I noticed weird spots on my screen. They are hard to notice, seen only in proper angle and in proper moderate light (had rly tough time trying to make a picture) and only when screen is off. When screen is on it looks OK both on white and dark pages. I do not see them in most angles and also of there is a strong light in room I also can’t notice them. Any idea what can it be? I have a double hardened screen protector, got screen fully cleaned before puting it on so doubt it’s dirt or fingerprints between screen and protector. Screen brightness always below 50%, didn’t have any overheating issues. Unfortunately in my country we dont have Apple Store, only premium resellers

Attachments

• IMG_9721.jpeg
    IMG_9721.jpeg
    470.1 KB · Views: 68

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I'd be looking at the screen protector not the display.. The first thing the reseller or Apple would do is have you remove the screen protector to see if it is the cause.. Screen protectors cost maybe 50 cents to produce and I've seen all sorts of issues with clarity, distortion or touch issues so I've never used one on my personal devices

Reactions: Khavik
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.