Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Itinj24

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Don’t know what the f*** is going through now. Haven’t had a chance to update any of my devices to 16.4 yet but since it was released, HomeKit has upgraded from nightmare to night terror.

All of a sudden my home hub switches a lot more often, like daily and screwing everything up. When I leave my Wi-Fi network, all my devices go offline. Can take up to an hour to come back on if even at all. Everything is slower to respond. Just awful after being relatively decent for a while.

Even my iPhone is acting up.

I have 14 HomePods and one of them keeps switching from downloaded update to downloading The number of available updates was switching from 13-14 but now seems to be stuck on 13.

Wonder if there were some server side tweaks causing anyone on the previous software to be screwed.

1680225669902.png

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: pup and sparky672

sparky672

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2004
Since you're going to nuke all of this and start over anyway, why not pop 16.4 in there now just to see if it helps?

Itinj24

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Have a lot of
Since you're going to nuke all of this and start over anyway, why not pop 16.4 in there now just to see if it helps?
I have a lot of devices to update. It usually takes the better part of a day so gonna wait for the weekend when I have the time. Have to do Overtime on Sat so looks like Sunday will be my first available day. Since OS 16, updating the HomePods hasn’t been exactly smooth either. They’d show as updated in the Home app but not in iCloud. Only way I found to correct that was factory resetting the HomePod. Annoying when you have to do that to a few of them.

My plan was to update then nuke so this would’ve been my course of action. Not hopeful it will be the update to rule them all but I can’t wait for iOS 17. Need 16 out of my life for good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.