Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bemol

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2020
Hey,

I just got my new MacBook Pro today and I noticed a darker area in the screen, it's only noticeable when you have a white image on screen (like most forum webpages), besides that the screen looks amazing and I'm quite happy with the performance.
I was wondering if this kind of unevenness is normal or should I ask for a new unit?

I'm coming from a mid 2014 MBP and the white color in that one looked more even, so what do you think, is my screen alright?

Thank you for any advice, I'm just a bit concerned because this computer wasn't cheap and I want to be sure that my machine is working as intended.

Attachments

• IMG_0825.jpg
    IMG_0825.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 454

bemol

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2020
Thanks for replaying, so this is expected and normal ?
I would think that it can be worse or better, but it would be like a lottery to get a perfectly even one (if that's possible at all) ?

simonmet

Cancelled
Sep 9, 2012
Sydney
That looks fine to me, or at least within spec.

No need to be concerned. Do you notice anything during normal use? If you do, it should show up a lot greater than that.

dooyou

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
Munich
What, where? I don't see anything. In addition to that, when photographed from a different angle, it looks completely different again. Give it back if you don't like it, but don't expect another model to be better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.