Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Has 16.x on your HomeKit hubs broken your HomeKit automations??

• Total voters

YatBob

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2014
Louisiana
After multiple resets of all possible hubs restarting my iPhone repeatedly and nothing working, yesterday after some very bad weather lost power and internet for several hours, after restoration of services all of my automations are working

WannaGoMac

macrumors 68030
Feb 11, 2007
So frustrating. I have 2 light bulbs, thats it. And apple cant have 4 basic automations work properly. Never had one issue after setup when i was using ios 15.x

Yes, ive done the logout of iCloud on Apple TV, deleted all automations etc.. I am not doing anymore, i should not have to do so much work for something so basic. This keeps up when 16.2 comes out, will just switch to google.

WTF this is pathetic apple. Its just a stupid time trigger, how is this even an issue!?

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Was using my ipad as a hub with absolutely no issues until yesterday when I switched to my AppleTV 4K 3rd gen. and updated to the new HomeKit architecture. It worked fine for 1 whole day. All it reads is 'no response" on all devices and states the Apple TV is playing even though it's shut off. I've tried everything and it won't recognize my devices. I removed the AppleTV as the hub and went back to using the iPad as the hub and all is well.. Not sure what the issue is but I think Apple needs to work on the HomeKit as a whole before releasing half baked software

ceevee

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2012
I encountered an issue where my location based automations would not work. I ended up using an old Apple TV HD that is still on 14.7 and disabling Home Hub on all other Apple TVs. Works fine now as temporary workaround until the issues are fixed on tvOS 16.x.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.