Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Luba

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 22, 2009
I believe with GoogleApps all of your files remain in the cloud so doing productivity work wouldn't take up any storage space. With MobileMe when you access one of your files does it have to download onto your computer/iPad? What about using Dropbox? If it doesn't download then perhaps 16GB is big enough for me.

I don't plan on storing pics or music or video on my iPad. Will watch video podcasts then delete. Will download pics from Internet or from email attachments, view and delete. Or transfer to my Mac if I want to keep them.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
16gb is a surprising amount of data, imo. My 16gb touch has 60 apps, 1250 songs, 5 audiobooks, 3 feature length movies, 2 TV show episodes (all video content at DVD quality), 6 eBooks, 2 graphic novels (12 issue length, so maybe 400 pages between them?), 70 misc issues of comics, and I have like 250mb free. I figure that (almost) all my audio content will go onto an iPod anyways (8gb nano should do the trick for me) so I'll have plenty of room in a 16gb iPad.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Why keep deleting everything? You still have 16gb of storage. Might as well use some of it. Like the person above said, 16gb is a good chunk. Personally I'm pretty set on the 32gb version, but I just had a client today ask me to do (what is for me) a 30 minute job for $200 so now I'm leaning higher, lol.

speed12

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2008
Yup, will probably be a 16GB with DropBox for me.

Personally I wouldn't be using it as a primary music player so no need to fill it with songs. You can only watch one film at once and that will generally take you to the end of any journey so need for big storage there. Photos would really need to be backed up on a mac/pc anyway so would only keep the latest for viewing. And any documents can be accessed via DropBox.

Job done!

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
Why keep deleting everything? You still have 16gb of storage. Might as well use some of it. Like the person above said, 16gb is a good chunk. Personally I'm pretty set on the 32gb version, but I just had a client today ask me to do (what is for me) a 30 minute job for $200 so now I'm leaning higher, lol.

If only they knew the new level of iPad turmoil that will cause you! LOL!!!

We will be going with the 32-wifi here. I won't be able to rely on the cloud for moving stuff around on this first one. For my personal use, I had asked this and got answers that said for my uses the Cloud/3G might not be quick enough. I'm going to then shoot for the 32-3G for myself, but that isn't happening until at least the end of the year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.