Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SebCohen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 9, 2022
After a few weeks of smooth runnings, iPadOS 17.2 has started getting wonky. Especially Safari. It saves links into the download dropdown instead of opening them. I have to “open as new tab” to get it to work. It will work fine, if I go out into a new app and back, it won’t work. I’ll have to force close to get it back, but sometimes that doesn’t work either.

Anyone know what’s up?

Ps: snappiness and battery life is back to fresh out of box or better!

SebCohen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 9, 2022
After a few weeks of smooth runnings, iPadOS 17.2 has started getting wonky. Especially Safari. It saves links into the download dropdown instead of opening them. I have to “open as new tab” to get it to work. It will work fine, if I go out into a new app and back, it won’t work. I’ll have to force close to get it back, but sometimes that doesn’t work either.

Anyone know what’s up?

Ps: snappiness and battery life is back to fresh out of box or better!

So, I figured it out. I think, if anyone care to replicate it.

I had added a few more bookmarks to my “Favourites” bookmarks folder, that’s when the touch glitchyness started. It worked intermittently if I force closed safari pr changed tab folder.

When I moved 5-6 bookmarks into a new folder separate from favourites, everything went back to normal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.