Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bpd115

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2003
Pennsylvania
Fired up my iPad docked today for the first time since updating. Usually my monitor will kick on in mirror mode, until I toggle stage manager on and off. Didn’t work. Monitor is recognized correctly, but sliding the mirror toggle in ‘arrangement’ under displays in preferences doesn’t do anything.

Here’s the thread on the Apple forums:

Reactions: Reverend Benny

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
Fired up my iPad docked today for the first time since updating. Usually my monitor will kick on in mirror mode, until I toggle stage manager on and off. Didn’t work. Monitor is recognized correctly, but sliding the mirror toggle in ‘arrangement’ under displays in preferences doesn’t do anything.

Here’s the thread on the Apple forums:

M1 11” pro user and didn’t notice this issue at first. Main reason is that I always use Stagemanager.
But its weird, now stage manager is on my default even though it doesn't look like it. And turning it on doesn’t change anything, its on either way.

Also, since 17.3 the sound isn’t always transferring to my screen, that could be related a new docking station tho and not iOS.

I’m guessing we will we a 17.4.1 fairly soon correcting this, I can see how this might mess things up for some that are used to mirror things (presenters etc).

rogertoh16

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2013
Been feedback to apple since 17.4 beta 1.
There is a work around but it take some patient and sometime it will not work.

Method 1
Do a force restart
Unplug you UBSC HUB power supply and HDMI cable. Plug in the HUB 1st, follow by HDMI, then USBC power cable to the hub.

Method 2
unplug and plug back the USBC hub onto the IPad Pro a few times… Sometime it might work.

These 2 method found on the web. And it work for me.

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
Been feedback to apple since 17.4 beta 1.
There is a work around but it take some patient and sometime it will not work.

Method 1
Do a force restart
Unplug you UBSC HUB power supply and HDMI cable. Plug in the HUB 1st, follow by HDMI, then USBC power cable to the hub.

Method 2
unplug and plug back the USBC hub onto the IPad Pro a few times… Sometime it might work.

These 2 method found on the web. And it work for me.
Cheers.

I'm not to bugged about the bug, I'll pro be fixed in 17.4.1, but great to have a workaround when someone is depending on the mirror function.

bradbomb

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
My iPad Pro 11” M1 worked just fine plugging into my monitor while in my Magic Keyboard. I’m running 17.4. You do have a keyboard or mouse plugged in to the iPad as extended display only works with an external keyboard or mouse connected

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.