Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

return2sendai

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 22, 2018
Hey amigos,

Does anyone know which macOSs will recognize iPhones and iPads running iOS 17 and iPadOS 17 (for syncing) ?

So far, I can report that the Public Beta of iPadOS 17 is not recognized by iTunes in macOS Mojave.

Anyone else had syncing issues with iPhones or iPads running the Public Betas of iOS 17 or iPadOS 17 using the Music app or Retroactively-installed iTunes in Catalina and above ?

Or is syncing going well ?

Be good to have some kind of syncing list of what combos work and what don’t.

Cheers.

eicca

Suspended
Oct 23, 2014
Can you get Image Capture to work with iOS 17 and Mojave? I don’t have the funds to upgrade from my perfectly-functional 2010 Mac Pro just because Apple thinks I should buy something newer.

return2sendai

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 22, 2018
Like your good self, I’m not made of money either. My 2015 iMac is running sweet, giving me no reason to upgrade hardware. But Apple is inexorably backing me into a corner to upgrade software. As I said, I run Mojave and use iTunes. But iPadOS 17 Beta is not recognized by iTunes on Mojave. So I cannot connect and sync my iPad with my iMac. I don’t know about iOS 17. I haven’t upgraded my iPhone (SE2, the cheapest model around 4 years ago and again running fine with no reason to upgrade hardware) to iOS 17 Beta yet. I’ll wait on that until I find out more about iTunes compatibility with 17. Hence my post here.

return2sendai

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 22, 2018
UPDATE: iPadOS 17 now syncs with Mojave. After over a month, the software finally downloaded. HUZAH!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.