Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rrm74001

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
I am having this weird issue where when I walk around my neighborhood for some light exercise, the right AirPod will disconnect every single time after ~15 minutes. Usually I do get the low battery warning sound twice before it finally dies, but sometimes not. The left one will keep going for at least another 60 minutes after it dies.

But if I am at home using them while just sitting/laying around, both will stay connected no issue.

Of course I have considered perspiration as causing an issue, but we are in the middle of Winter right now (but still not really near freezing where I live) and I am not really sweating at all. Also I usually walk around sunset, so no direct sunlight. Just trying to think of what else might be at play?

Last edited:

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
So, I've gone through probably 3-4 AirPods sets over the last handful of years. When AirPods get old and start dying, they start disconnecting a lot - more and more frequently. In my experience, this is usually a good indicator that they're going south and should be replaced.

I take them to my local Best Buy to get them recycled and purchase another pair. Yeah, kind of expensive buying new AirPods every few years (or every year sometimes) but ... an alternative is getting AppleCare+ and going through all the "try this" with support - eventually they'll send you a new pair if you get a nice one.

I've got a set of AirPods 2 I bought last year that are starting to disconnect frequently now. I don't wanna toss them cuz they're under a year old but I've already got AirPods 3 ready to replace them. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.