Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wheaty

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
Cheshire, UK
Well I have had my little 2Ghz Mini with 2Gb ram for just over a year..

Well two hard drives, one memory upgrade, printer issues, keyboard issues and annoying "where has the network gone" issues I really wish that the rest of my family would ditch the PC and get a mini.. I'm fed up of these "PC Types" pestering for tech support.

Oh, my mini? I love it! :D

The little "pop noise" that it did have disappeared quite a long time ago, I think with the EFI update. and since then it has been proper whisper quiet. My wifes laptop is far noisier with its fan whooshing up and down when it has been on for a while. I'm not sure I have ever heard the mini's fan.

Super dooper Apple.

I even have a proper Bluetooth keyboard now. And for the first time in years I seem to be able to touch type with very little effort, which is great! Wish I had one sooner

Wheaty

dmin7th

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2010
I just got my refurb 2.53GHz/4MB Mini yesterday, so I'm only at one day of ownership. So far, so good! :)

If it holds up as well as my '09 Macbook Pro has (and I think it will), it will be a worthy investment.

max¥¥

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
Over there....
i have had my g4 mac mini for 4-5 years now, all it ever asked for is more memory and a bigger hdd, in that time the pc's have been through 4 motherboards (2 under 6 months old), 4 hdd's, 2 keyboards, 1 psu, at least 1stick of ram (under 1 year old), countless network problems, license problems, major virus infections (ie 20+ minutes boot time) and the hole of my hackintosh netbooks hdd disappearing

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
Got mines this past summer, upgraded to 4GB RAM & 320GB (which... I may need to increase) right away. Love it to this day.

paulsonj72

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2010
Had mine 6 weeks now and everything I wanted it for has worked out perfectly. Family is talking about getting a 2nd mini for upstairs so there can be internet use late at night.

Kebabselector

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2007
Birmingham, UK
My 1st Mini (Intel Core Duo 1.66) for nearly 3.5 years superb bit of kit :)
Though it's now a web server, but the current Mini is only 11 months old very happy with the Mini.

Does everything I want and the screen is matte :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.