Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Costino1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
Here's my very curtailed review about the Watch...

I've been exciting for this thing prior to it's inception and purchased on launch day +4 hrs after pre orders opened (42SG Sport.)

Finally received it Thursday.

The build is fantastic. Feels like an Apple product and borrows a lot of design elements from the new iPhone 6 with the side button and beveled glass.

It's not something you interact with or 'play' with for minutes on end. It's there and does it's job silently in the background. The first day I sat there and tried playing with it but to no avail....that's not what it was made for.

My phone is charging in the next room (20 ft away) and I'm no longer attached to my phone nor need to ensure my phone is always right by me.

Very good purchase.

Stephencovar

macrumors regular
May 20, 2015
Pasadena, California
I got my watch yesterday night. So far I am extremely happy with my purchase. I went to the gym today and was presently surprised with the accuracy of my heart rate and calorie burn. You're right, Apple designed the watch to be interacted with for only seconds. So many people have this misconception that you're supposed to be able to do everything with the watch and it just isn't true, never was. Great review by the way.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.