Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
I use mostly my US Apple ID with no credit card ( Gift cards bought in the US ) attached and that is linked to the former iTunes and AppStore . OTOH I live in France and have an Apple ID there which is used for iCloud only. If I want to get TV+ here , does someone know how to get around that ? I don't want to change my US iTunes/AppStore to the french one .
Any ideas would be appreciated .

lkrupp

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2004
I use mostly my US Apple ID with no credit card ( Gift cards bought in the US ) attached and that is linked to the former iTunes and AppStore . OTOH I live in France and have an Apple ID there which is used for iCloud only. If I want to get TV+ here , does someone know how to get around that ? I don't want to change my US iTunes/AppStore to the french one .
Any ideas would be appreciated .

I have never understood the purpose of having multiple Apple IDs when we know everything, purchases, subscriptions, Music, and now TV+ is tied to a single Apple ID. So no, I don’t know anyway to “get around” that.

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
I have never understood the purpose of having multiple Apple IDs when we know everything, purchases, subscriptions, Music, and now TV+ is tied to a single Apple ID. So no, I don’t know anyway to “get around” that.

Some US apps do not exist in France and some French apps do not exist in the US .
That's why .

cygnusjen

macrumors member
May 14, 2015
Cincinnati, OH
Some of us had no choice when more than one phone began being tied to itunes accounts for content sharing. Family sharing has made this even further complicated. Believe me I don't want 2 apple IDs but now I'm stuck.

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
I have two Apple ID’s as well, not that I actually want two, I just have no choice. One is my original.me account, now iCloud of course. The other is my iTunes account. Both from way, way back in the day, there’s just never been an option to merge the two - though that should change in the next year or so.

Anyway, OP, as you must have two accounts for the AppStore/ iTunes and so on, I would imagine you’re most likely to get the TV+ subscription from your country of residence. So just make sure you’re logged into that account and go into the TV app, you should get the option there. I think it’s unlikely you’d get one for each account, but hey, anything is possible.

barnetty

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2011
on apple tv you can sign in to multiple accounts even if different countries. Dont think you can on iphone though.

To sign up on the US account you need a payment method even if you get a free trial

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
I have 2 and would love to get rid of one but have never heard of a good safe method to do it.

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
I have two Apple ID’s as well, not that I actually want two, I just have no choice. One is my original.me account, now iCloud of course. The other is my iTunes account. Both from way, way back in the day, there’s just never been an option to merge the two - though that should change in the next year or so.

Anyway, OP, as you must have two accounts for the AppStore/ iTunes and so on, I would imagine you’re most likely to get the TV+ subscription from your country of residence. So just make sure you’re logged into that account and go into the TV app, you should get the option there. I think it’s unlikely you’d get one for each account, but hey, anything is possible.

Thank you !
[automerge]1572640991[/automerge]
on apple tv you can sign in to multiple accounts even if different countries. Dont think you can on iphone though.

To sign up on the US account you need a payment method even if you get a free trial

Things are a bit clearer . Thank you .I don't have an  TV , yet . I had no idea it was possible to sign in multiple accounts .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.