Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

axisofphilippe

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
I'm about to flip out. About 2 weeks ago my 16 gig iPhone started crashing on me constantly. It would always happen on the unlock screen, most of the time when plugging or unplugging from the computer or AC Adapter. It would crash to the point of hard reset.

I did a restore, which did not fix the problem. An interesting note: It ONLY happens when plugging in at my house. Anywhere else I plugged it in, including my laptop at work, it was fine. No crash.

I got a replacement iPhone 3 days ago from the Apple Store, and guess what? It's happening again. ONLY at my house. Right now it's plugged into my laptop and it's fine.

My only guess is that something on my home computer is freaking it out. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

hotzenplotz

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2007
High current (iPhone switches off to protect itself from burning out)? Have you tried plugging anything else into the same USB port? :confused:

axisofphilippe

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
I was thinking it had something to do with the current also.

Everything else in the apartment works fine. The iPhone crashes both when plugged in to my computer via USB and plugged in to the wall via the AC Adapter.

This is weird, right?

axisofphilippe

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
This morning I figured out the problem. My WiFi router at home is somehow causing the iPhone to freeze up. I turned off WiFi, and all was well. Weird.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.