Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 3, 2015
At this point it's not a coincidence. I updated both my 2018 and 2021 iPad pros, and both of them have a black screen with a little white dot in the center after the installation. A hard reset will not solve the problem, The only way it can restart properly is plugging it on my mac and do multiple hard resets in a row until it finally reboot properly but if I reboot after that, the black screen returns and I have to do the same steps I described above.

Anyone else having this issue? This update literally breaks both of my iPads.

laptech

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2013
Earth
Have either of your ipads had screen repairs done by a third party? because whilst Apple does not like to admit the process goes on, Apple 'allegedly' have iOS perform checks that the hardware used in the ipad is genuine and if not the device will display a black screen.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
At this point it's not a coincidence. I updated both my 2018 and 2021 iPad pros, and both of them have a black screen with a little white dot in the center after the installation. A hard reset will not solve the problem, The only way it can restart properly is plugging it on my mac and do multiple hard resets in a row until it finally reboot properly but if I reboot after that, the black screen returns and I have to do the same steps I described above.

Anyone else having this issue? This update literally breaks both of my iPads.

Curious, were they updated OTA or with PC/Mac via USB?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.