Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
Hey all, I just wanted to make sure that I am using my two Mac Pro video cards in the best configuration. I have the X1900XT in the x16 slot on bottom slot #1. Then I put the 7300GT in slot #3. The expansion slot utility came up and made it appear that slot #4 would allow or x8 speeds, but the middle two slots would not. I switched the 7300GT card up to slot #4 (picture 2) which seems like the most optimized setting.

Since Apple claimed that you could put four 7300GTs in a Mac Pro, it seems strange that I get a message saying that it won't run at maximum speed. :rolleyes: Any confirmation on whether this is the best setup?

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    125.8 KB · Views: 880
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    126.5 KB · Views: 92

MatthewStorm

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2003
Chapel Hill
Since Apple claimed that you could put four 7300GTs in a Mac Pro, it seems strange that I get a message saying that it won't run at maximum speed. :rolleyes: Any confirmation on whether this is the best setup?[/QUOTE]

I am getting this message as well with my 2nd card. Does your 3rd monitor work? What is your setup? Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.