Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CPark98

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 5, 2016
I recently found my old TiBook while at my parent's house over the holidays and thought I'd grab some shots of it along side my new M1 Max MacBook Pro. While internally, the differences are night and day, externally, it's eery how similar they are, especially with the new design's callbacks to the TiBook such as the black keyboard, flat lid, and more robust chassis. It's still incredible to think the TiBook is well over 20 years old at this point and the design has remarkably similar externally. Enjoy!
IMG_0922.jpg
IMG_0924.jpg
IMG_0925.jpg
IMG_0928.jpg
IMG_0929.jpg
IMG_0930.jpg

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The TiBook for almost 20yrs has had THE thinnest bezels for the portable lineup until this year.
Always loved the TiBook … brining the Power (PPC) and the Sex (appeal) to portable laptops beyond the Lombard PowerBook G3 models before it.

Definitely saw the resemblance when the M1 Pro/Max MBPs were announced, yet they seem to better resemble the 2012-2015 15” MBP lineup moreso.

That TiBook is in great condition. When those where released, at least here in Toronto they were sold out for months at launch. Months!

Mega ST

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2021
Europe
I had a well specced TiBook for years. I remember the chassis was very well made like "crafted" including the underside and smallest details. No sharp edges or similar and the material feel was different to the current aluminum MBPs. I loved the integral disc burner and reader a lot back then. That was a smart designed and well made generation.
What has really changed is the sound. Today's sound is so much better than it used to be back then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.