Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
I added a Linux install to one of my still perfect MacBook Airs stuck on High Sierra. DosDude and OCLP worked, but the 4GB is too anemic for long-term satisfaction.

ZorinOS has a Mac-like UX and runs like a demon! On the MacBook Air, everything is supported out of the box! Even the special keys for screen brightness, etc. And it just sips that battery.

I am very impressed.

Reactions: flygbuss

tnbriggs

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2008
Anyone with an idea how to keep watching netflix on 10.11?
Seems like a DRM issue and wants to update the browser, but none of the major ones still support 10.11?
I don't have Netflix but suggest you try the Firefox Extended Support Release. https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/#product-desktop-esr. Works fine with my MacPro 1,1 running the hacked ElCap and have had no issues with it running video through the web; TCM/WatchTCM, for instance.

Reactions: G4fanboy

flygbuss

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2018
Stockholm, Sweden
I added a Linux install to one of my still perfect MacBook Airs stuck on High Sierra. DosDude and OCLP worked, but the 4GB is too anemic for long-term satisfaction.

ZorinOS has a Mac-like UX and runs like a demon! On the MacBook Air, everything is supported out of the box! Even the special keys for screen brightness, etc. And it just sips that battery.

I am very impressed.
Looked into it and would like to make it work. What version did you use? Seems the problem with installing could be the cMP 1,1's 32-Bit EFI..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.