Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TyShawn

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2010
Long story short my church blessed me with a macbook last night and I upgraded it to 10.9. I want to setup the right click function on it but don't see the option in the mouse are of preference could someone point me in the right direction on how to do this?

Last edited:

Bruno09

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Far from here
Hi,

I don't if you are asking for a mouse or for the trackpad ?

For the trackpad : System Preferences / Trackpad / Point & Click : see "Secondary click" (= right click).

illusionx

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2014
Brossard, QC
What kind of mouse do you have? This may help: http://www.extensions.in.th/amitiae/2013/prefs/mouse.html

a standard USB mouse should have secondary click enabled by default.

anyways, here is a screenshot to where to configure the secondary click on the trackpad. BUT, AFAIK, it should be enabled by default too?

Screen_Shot_2014_09_11_at_6_31_00_AM.png

TyShawn

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2010
It's the built in trackpad with the long click button. I was I'm the mouse area but my page didn't look anything like the one on all the screen shots I've seen including the one you guys have kindly supplied. Right now I'm doing a fresh install of the os to see if that helps. This macbook is the white plastic model mid 2009.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
See Bruno09's #7 post for old-school trackpads.

But, yes, for USB mice, right-mouse should be enabled: just verified with an old USB mouse I have lying around. And it's independent of anything set for the trackpad.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.