Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Babyboi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
Hello,

A little about my MacPro set up:
2009 Mac Pro 4,1 with a flash upgrade to 5,1.
running High Sierra with about 32GB RAM. My boot drive is an SSD. I recently noticed my MacPro will not wake from sleep after installing an MSI RX 570 Graphics card. The card works great up until the point of trying to wake it up. I am forced to do a hard reboot. I did not reset the PRAM or anything yet. Before I installed the RX 570, I was using a GTX 680 flashed for Mac. Anyone have any tips to wake from sleep without having to hard reboot? Thanks!

t8er8

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2017
Quebec, Canada
Hello,

A little about my MacPro set up:
2009 Mac Pro 4,1 with a flash upgrade to 5,1.
running High Sierra with about 32GB RAM. My boot drive is an SSD. I recently noticed my MacPro will not wake from sleep after installing an MSI RX 570 Graphics card. The card works great up until the point of trying to wake it up. I am forced to do a hard reboot. I did not reset the PRAM or anything yet. Before I installed the RX 570, I was using a GTX 680 flashed for Mac. Anyone have any tips to wake from sleep without having to hard reboot? Thanks!
What version of high Sierra are you on? Because Polaris GPU’s has an issue where they weren’t waking up from sleep on 10.13.2 and 3 but this issue was resolved with the release of 10.13.4. So if you aren’t already updated to it, do so.

Babyboi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
What version of high Sierra are you on? Because Polaris GPU’s has an issue where they weren’t waking up from sleep on 10.13.2 and 3 but this issue was resolved with the release of 10.13.4. So if you aren’t already updated to it, do so.
I can check when I get home. but now that you said that, I am interested in updating it to 10.13.4. thanks! I will report back after the update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.