Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emogu2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2009
This has been a pretty big headache for the last week or so. I wasn't a T-Mobile customer before iPad Air came out. I got an Air on launch day through EIP for $0 down, back when everything was even more confusing than now.

Due to some mixups from overeager salesmen, I ended up returning my first one and ordering the one I really wanted. It got backordered forever and I was leaving on a trip, so I canceled that one and due to all the mixed stories about EIP and new customers I decided to just buy it outright at Apple and skip all the fuss.

So I moved my account from the old sim to the new. The plan is the same, but it still says I'm on a $10 plan. So I'm just really curious if that's what it looks like for everyone else on the plan or if CS is just really bad (I've been on the phone to them nearly everyday for a week).

Under the Plan tab on mytmobile, it shows:

Data Pass: 200MB-30 Day MI Starter Data: One Time Pass
PLAN: ON DEMAND: $10.00

And in the Cellular Data Account menu on the iPad, it's described as:

On-Demand Only (Net $0)

So on the one hand it looks like it's gonna cost me $10/mo and on the other it looks like it won't. Is this how it's supposed to show?

Sorry for the long winded post. I've just heard and read so many different stories for so long and I'm at the point where I can't even tell if I already have what I'm supposed to have or not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.