Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

akosidodong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2022
Saudi Arabia
My question is can I upgrade my MacBook pro late 2011 15inch from MacOS X Lion 10.7.5 to High Sierra or Catalina without any problem ?. macOS x Lion is currently working and installed. my MacBook is currently bypassing the GPU for the reason that my MacBook's GPU is dead. many thanks to those who answered my question. may such problems help you more.

CoastalOR

macrumors 68040
Jan 19, 2015
Oregon, USA
Apple will officially support up to High Sierra (10.13.6) but not Catalina. To upgrade to High Sierra it will require a minimum OS of Mountain Lion (10.8) before the High Sierra installer will run.

I do not know if the failed/disabled dGPU will be a problem.

Here is a Apple Support instructions that has requirements and download links to older macOS:

Reactions: akosidodong

akosidodong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2022
Saudi Arabia
Apple will officially support up to High Sierra (10.13.6) but not Catalina. To upgrade to High Sierra it will require a minimum OS of Mountain Lion (10.8) before the High Sierra installer will run.

I do not know if the failed/disabled dGPU will be a problem.

Here is a Apple Support instructions that has requirements and download links to older macOS:
thankyou so much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.