Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ianvoyager

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2019
Australia
Display underscan is seemingly forgotten after a system restart or return from screensaver on a Mac Mini running macOS 14.10.6

Mac: MacMini 2012
Display: 40” Samsung TV (1920x1080)

I have connected the Mac and display together via a HDMI cable.

Every time the MacMini restarts or comes back from a screensaver, the display has seemingly lost its Underscan which I have customised to allow me to see the dock and main menu bar. I have to enter system preferences > display and manually click on the Underscan bar for the display to suddenly ‘snap’ back to its correctly set position.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this annoying problem...?

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
Every time the MacMini restarts or comes back from a screensaver, the display has seemingly lost its Underscan which I have customised to allow me to see the dock and main menu bar. I have to enter system preferences > display and manually click on the Underscan bar for the display to suddenly ‘snap’ back to its correctly set position.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this annoying problem...?

If you are not using the TV for anything else, is there an over/underscan setting in the TV you can try instead?

a2jack

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2013
How did you set up the customize ? I have a 2012 MM on a 46" Samsung and a 32" TCL . I'll test. a2

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.