Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

misterminibus

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2012
Isle of Man
It seems rather difficult to find a nice example of this model at a sensible price, I have found a suitable one but with rubber damage above the camera, I’m sure it’s not the first one like this and I was wondering if anyone has come across this and found a solution or a workaround?
01208DA1-EC60-4A35-B3B9-C69ADE5538B0.jpeg

paardenkapper

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2023
Germany
The MBP I am using right now has lost the rubber lip exactly above the webcam which probably is the area where most bending and touching takes place.

Why don't you just remove the rubber with a razor at least a little so it does not look like someone gnawed on your MBP bezel? ;-)

Reactions: misterminibus

paardenkapper

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2023
Germany
Yes I removed it but be advised not to remove too much because otherwise the screen would be pressed onto the keyboard everytime you close the lid.

You could use a scalpel or exacto knife and be careful not to scratch the screen.

Reactions: misterminibus

MultiFinder17

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2008
Tampa, Florida
Unfortunately since the rubber gasket is mounted under the glass, there’s no simple way to replace it without removing the glass. I think the idea of using an exacto knife to clean it up is your best bet. Good luck mate, let us know how it goes for you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.