Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seankerns

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2019
The glass on my 2013 iMac has cracked following an accident, and I was wondering if it was possible to replace just the glass and not the LCD. If so, how might I go about separating the LCD panel from the glass? Is it held on by glue/adhesive? Thanks.

mikehalloran

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2018
The Sillie Con Valley
No all in one and will not seperate. Do a search on eBay and such and perhaps a machine sold as 'non working' maybe cheaper than a new screen.
Yep. They're out there although, more often than not, it's the screen that has issues.

Look for someone parting one out and you might be able to get just the screen. eBay and Craigslist are good. 2013–14 uses the same part, I believe. It changed in 2015 but I don't remember if it's interchangeable with the earlier iMacs.

Reactions: seankerns

Lankyman

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2011
U.K.
The glass on my 2013 iMac has cracked following an accident, and I was wondering if it was possible to replace just the glass and not the LCD. If so, how might I go about separating the LCD panel from the glass? Is it held on by glue/adhesive? Thanks.

Just claim on your house insurance for accidental damage - job sorted.

jim.hoover

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2019
Ridgecrest, CA
No all in one and will not seperate. Do a search on eBay and such and perhaps a machine sold as 'non working' maybe cheaper than a new screen.
Good morning. what is the approximate cost for Apple to replace the screen/display on 27" iMac late 2015 model? Thank you.
[doublepost=1551976112][/doublepost]
Good morning. what is the approximate cost for Apple to replace the screen/display on 27" iMac late 2015 model? Thank you.

mikehalloran

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2018
The Sillie Con Valley
Good morning. what is the approximate cost for Apple to replace the screen/display on 27" iMac late 2015 model? Thank you
Assuming it's not covered under AppleCare+, you can ask Apple directly. Schedule a call back under Support. Since it's less than 3 years after the last one was made, it should still be available as a service part.

Seeing that you live in a populated area of California, finding an independent tech should be no problem. It might be possible to have it done for less.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.