Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RAPTORSKI

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2013
British Columbia
gallery4_1128_2x.jpg

^^These are the wallpapers I am referring to. I am wondering if they can be found anywhere, especially the 15" MBP blue wallpaper. They look quite amazing as is always the case with Apple. :p

definitive

macrumors 68020
Aug 4, 2008
they're just photos. go on flickr, you can find thousands of photos just like those..

wheeeelan

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2013
The photographer of the one on the right is called Daniel Korzhonov. His images are all (rightly) licensed but the one in question has been removed from his website and 500px, which makes me think Apple has possibly bought the rights from him and will distribute it themselves.

RAPTORSKI

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2013
British Columbia
That wallpaper looks quite good on my iPad actually! EDIT: Both wallpapers now available at acceptable resolution.

Last edited:

RAPTORSKI

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2013
British Columbia
Here is my contribution to the thread, I managed to extract one of the wallpapers (blue one) from one of the official press release images. It is 1520 × 950 so it's not perfect but definitely acceptable wallpaper resolution for the moment. I am running it on my desktop now and looks very good. Download and enjoy! :cool:

76e4ecf9_o.png

wheeeelan

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2013
Okay, so I got in touch with Daniel and asked if I could pay to license the photo for personal use and he said that unfortunately he couldn't because Apple now has the exclusive license. So I'm assuming they're going to include it in Mavericks soon enough or release it publicly.

However if you'd like some of his work now, he did say that he's happy to license anything else on his website for personal use. He has a ton of really beautiful pictures of Italy, Norway and Lake Baikal in Russia so if you'd like something really special for your desktop I recommend getting in touch with him personally.

MBP17er

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2013
Tokyo, Japan
Nice wallpapers there.

What ever happened to the sailboat wallpaper that was on the Apple site on the MB screens only a few weeks/months ago? I can't find em in Mavericks.

RAPTORSKI

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2013
British Columbia
I now have one of the wallpapers at 2880 x 1800 resolution. Note that I had to reduce quality of the wallpaper slightly in order to up the resolution just a little bit further. The wallpaper is nearly perfect, enjoy!

F1382649330672471_1.png

Lunfai

macrumors 68000
Nov 21, 2010
Sheffield
I now have one of the wallpapers at 2880 x 1800 resolution. Note that I had to reduce quality of the wallpaper slightly in order to up the resolution just a little bit further. The wallpaper is nearly perfect, enjoy!

Can you upload the file onto one of those file sharing sites without compression? Thanks for the wallpaper! :)

DMoggo

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2013
UK

I know its a big ask but is anyone able to size this wallpaper for the iPhone 5S and iPad 2 both parallax? May be difficult to do, no problem if not possible :)

innocentcal

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2013

Could you please upload or email me the retina version of this background? I can't find it, thank you!

---------
Sorry, I see you have already uploaded!

pazaakshark

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2013
Here's the image from the official Apple press pack for the 2013 Macbook Pros.
It's at a 1440x900 resolution in full quality, made for the Macbook Air

Hope it's of use to people!

+ Will make one of the other 15" image if anyone wants

Attachments

• Untitled 4.jpg
    Untitled 4.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12,973
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.