Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

g35

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 13, 2007
Tried searching but found nothing on the internet. A few times a day, my 2016 Macbook Pro 13" with Touchbar (8/512) will show this horizontal line on the screen, one line about 0.5-1" tall, for less than one second. I can't get a picture of it because it's too rare and disappears too quickly. The inside of the line is like a "glitch" pattern (not sure how else to describe it). I can't remember if it's in the same place every time or not, but it's somewhere in the middle section of the screen. My computing is pretty light (fans almost never on) so this would not be under heavy load or high heat.

It's not affecting my use of the computer, but I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue and whether I need to fix it (as in, is it a sign of a damaged cable inside the computer?). Thanks

Looks like this (pic I have attached is from this link) except it appears while using computer and disappears in an instant

Attachments

• 99D5033E-A350-4AAE-B6E7-C72BBADD1EFB.png
    99D5033E-A350-4AAE-B6E7-C72BBADD1EFB.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,207
Last edited:

robinium

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2021
Maybe! I have updated my post with an example of a different computer but similar looking line
Hard to say, but these models have a lot of issues with the screen ribbon cables, so there’s a decent chance that’s the cause. Unfortunately the ribbon cable can’t be replaced as Apple soldered it to the screen directly…

Reactions: g35
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.