Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacUser09

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2009
UK
Closed lid on my MBP yesterday and didn’t notice end of USB-C cable was lying on top right hand corner of base, just above speaker holes, thereby damaging my screen.
Although it didn’t crack the clear plastic outer layer, it has damaged what I think must be the pixel layer. Screen is now useless, so obviously needs replacing.

My problem now is how to back up my info and delete from MBP prior to sending or taking to Apple for repair. My local Apple Store is over 1000 miles away.

I last did a Carbon Copy Cloner back up a month ago, so all is not totally lost, but if possible I would like to a current back up to save the more recent stuff.

Any ideas on what I might do?

TIA.

TheShortTimer

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2017
London, UK
Closed lid on my MBP yesterday and didn’t notice end of USB-C cable was lying on top right hand corner of base, just above speaker holes, thereby damaging my screen.
Although it didn’t crack the clear plastic outer layer, it has damaged what I think must be the pixel layer. Screen is now useless, so obviously needs replacing.

My problem now is how to back up my info and delete from MBP prior to sending or taking to Apple for repair. My local Apple Store is over 1000 miles away.

I last did a Carbon Copy Cloner back up a month ago, so all is not totally lost, but if possible I would like to a current back up to save the more recent stuff.

Any ideas on what I might do?

TIA.

Connect the MBP to an external monitor and then run a new CCC session and delete any sensitive info before dispatching it to Apple. :)

Reactions: MacUser09
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.