Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wude935

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2018
I'm curious on how hot the MacBook Pro 13 inch's keyboard deck gets a full load in Boot Camp. Does it ever get to the point where it is hot to the touch?

Has Apple released any new Boot Camp drivers that fix the thermal throttling like they did for MacOS yet?

Thanks.

Painter2002

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2017
Austin, TX
I believe there are a few other threads started recently on this topic, but to date no, there have not been any patches on the boot camp drivers to compensate for the thermal throttling in bootcamp. I wouldn’t expect Apple to fix this until at least Mojave (at the earliest), but probably not even that early. They take their time doing the bootcamp driver updates.

If you look at the other recent threads there are other users who have suggested various applications one can use to reduce the throttling while in bootcamp.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I'm curious on how hot the MacBook Pro 13 inch's keyboard deck gets a full load in Boot Camp. Does it ever get to the point where it is hot to the touch?

Has Apple released any new Boot Camp drivers that fix the thermal throttling like they did for MacOS yet?

Thanks.

I use only Windows 10 via BootCamp. I do AutoCad, Photoshop, QucibBooks Pro nad Office. Only time my 15" MBP got warm was doing some batch files in PhotoShop. Fans barely came on and turned off right after the 30 image batch was complete.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.