Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ascender

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 8, 2005
I’ve hooked my 2018 iPad Pro up to the 4K Ultrafine this morning via the usb-c cable and am getting no picture. The iPad is being charged ok, its even passing sound to the screen and recognising devices connected to the monitor. But not a jot on the screen.

Have tried restarting the iPad and the screen, its got the latest iOS, so I’m not sure what else to try. Monitor has worked flawlessly with my M1 MBA.

This should work right?

Publicsp

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2021
New Zealand
I’ve hooked my 2018 iPad Pro up to the 4K Ultrafine this morning via the usb-c cable and am getting no picture. The iPad is being charged ok, its even passing sound to the screen and recognising devices connected to the monitor. But not a jot on the screen.

Have tried restarting the iPad and the screen, its got the latest iOS, so I’m not sure what else to try. Monitor has worked flawlessly with my M1 MBA.

This should work right?
Hi … I trust you are having a fabulous day … I am experiencing “exactly the same issue” … Tried different ports on the LG Ultrafine 4K … Tried different cables and adaptors … Audio works great on the LG with iPad Pro 2018 12.9, but no video … Did you manage to find a solution? … I would really like this to work … Thanks for your help.

hr10

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2009
I believe I read somewhere the 2018 version does not support video
2020 does

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.