Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wokis

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
I have no issues with i9 mb16 whatsoever.. maybe i do not care about occasional fan noise or a bit warmer body…
I would guess this is an issue for people with 4K+ or high refresh rate screens which leads to the VRAM of the Radeon GPU getting clocked to its max. The GDDR6 consumes a lot of energy and is hot at that point.

I run two 1440p @ 60Hz screens and it has indeed not been an issue since I believe Big Sur where they moved the threshold for when the VRAM gets upclocked.

The Radeon 5600M HBM model should be excempt from most issues posted here, but not many own that one.

Reactions: asdex

sack_peak

Suspended
Sep 3, 2023
2019 MBP 16" owners:

Be aware that our notebook will likely receive its final macOS Security Update by 2027. 8 years rather than 9+ years.

Recently, the European Council revealed new regulations on batteries and waste batteries. It includes a new mandate stating that batteries incorporated on appliances should be removable and replaceable by the end user by 2027.

So if you only replace your devices months after official support ends then schedule your purchase for a MBP with user replaceable battery.

Reactions: arobert3434
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.