Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnnymcc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2019
I installed a new Radeon 6900 XT into my Mac Pro 7,1 which works great in Big Sur 11.4 - however, it's not recognized at all in Boot Camp and I cannot get the AMD Adrenaline drivers installed at all as it does not recognize it. I have the 580x MPX Module with the LG 5K Ultrafine, and a 30" ACD connected via the 6900's Display Port. I tried installing these drivers: https://www.bootcampdrivers.com/ (the red) and now I have complete black screens on restart. I am about to start completely over and just totally remove the MPX module altogether.

johnnymcc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2019
Figured it out. Everything works when I remove the 580x MPX module. so it will remain out! ONly thing that sucks is from now on I don't have a video signal via the USB-C ports...

johnnymcc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2019
... I do wish I could use both at the same time in Windows!

blackquartz

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2009
solution for this problem is to do a clean install for the drivers without the mpx module , after that you can return the mpx and have both cards using Boot Camp

TrevorR90

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2009
solution for this problem is to do a clean install for the drivers without the mpx module , after that you can return the mpx and have both cards using Boot Camp
I did this but I get an error with the 580x in the device manager, is this the case with you or anyone else? Code 31 is what I get.

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
Figured it out. Everything works when I remove the 580x MPX module. so it will remain out! ONly thing that sucks is from now on I don't have a video signal via the USB-C ports...

You can use the Belkin cable:

Or this less expensive recently released cable:

I own them both, and this second cable works just as we'll the the Belkin, is much shorter and only uses one USB port.

Lou

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.