Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jcxstar13

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
La Crosse, WI
Ive had this issue since I bought this Mac Pro when it launched I have waited and waited for fix from adobe but its never come.

12 cores
192gb Ram
8tbssd
48tb Raid internal
Pro Vega II
XDR
either BenQ or LG as second

My issue is when I try to edit in Lightroom and use 2 displays Lightroom gets laggy. The adjustment sliders don't stay move smoothly and the adjustment being applied to the images isn't fluid and even worse on the second display. The only way I can use Lightroom on this Mac is if I only use one display and don't use a secondary display.

My Trashcan Mac Pro ran Lightroom and 2 4k displays without ever having a problem for much longer than I would have liked.

My question is has anyone else had this issue? And secondly I know this is an Adobe issue but is it a graphics card issue? Would it be worth trying a new card? Anyone with the new Mac Pro or a Mac Studio able to run Lightroom with dual displays and have if run fluidly?

ZombiePhysicist

macrumors 68030
May 22, 2014
That is not a machine that should feel laggy at all. This is probably not it, but question: is part of the app window tiled as between the XDR and your other monitor when you experience the lag? Sometimes splitting a window between an HDpi based screen an a non HDPi screen can be wonky. And if you just move the window fully to one screen or the other, it gets more smooth.

jcxstar13

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
La Crosse, WI
I know right. It's been driving me nuts since I bought it. It's never worked as you'd expect with Lightroom. No completely separate screens and windows on each no overlapping.

Reactions: ZombiePhysicist

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
Switch to Lightroom CC! It runs just so much better on retina resolution displays and by now has pretty much all the features too! I’m having the same issue, same in Premiere.. adobe can’t handle the high resolution with their decades old Ui.

mattspace

macrumors 68040
Jun 5, 2013
Australia
Ive had this issue since I bought this Mac Pro when it launched I have waited and waited for fix from adobe but its never come.

12 cores
192gb Ram
8tbssd
48tb Raid internal
Pro Vega II
XDR
either BenQ or LG as second

My issue is when I try to edit in Lightroom and use 2 displays Lightroom gets laggy. The adjustment sliders don't stay move smoothly and the adjustment being applied to the images isn't fluid and even worse on the second display. The only way I can use Lightroom on this Mac is if I only use one display and don't use a secondary display.

My Trashcan Mac Pro ran Lightroom and 2 4k displays without ever having a problem for much longer than I would have liked.

My question is has anyone else had this issue? And secondly I know this is an Adobe issue but is it a graphics card issue? Would it be worth trying a new card? Anyone with the new Mac Pro or a Mac Studio able to run Lightroom with dual displays and have if run fluidly?

Out of curiosity, have you tried using Affinity Photo’s Raw development persona to see if it can do adjustments with a more responsive interface.

Might be worth trying Capture One, and Raw Power / Photos as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.