Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KTK1990

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2008
Has anyone experienced this and if so does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix?

After upgrading to iOS 15 my 2020 11" iPad Pro has absolutely horrible battery life. I've narrowed it down to the home app, it is showing multiple hours of background activity in the settings app (Background app refresh is turned off). My battery will drain by about 30% overnight and usually takes about two days to go from full charge to dead in about two days (on average with 0-2 hours of light safari use). If I take my iPad to a different location (Like a hotel for a few days) then then the issue does not occur.

I did speak with AppleCare and they said they are aware of the issue but were unable to provide a fix (They suggested airplane mode at nights which does stop the battery drain but doesn't fix the issue).

My iPad is running 15.4, it is not a home hub (The Apple TV is).

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
Has anyone experienced this and if so does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix?

After upgrading to iOS 15 my 2020 11" iPad Pro has absolutely horrible battery life. I've narrowed it down to the home app, it is showing multiple hours of background activity in the settings app (Background app refresh is turned off). My battery will drain by about 30% overnight and usually takes about two days to go from full charge to dead in about two days (on average with 0-2 hours of light safari use). If I take my iPad to a different location (Like a hotel for a few days) then then the issue does not occur.

I did speak with AppleCare and they said they are aware of the issue but were unable to provide a fix (They suggested airplane mode at nights which does stop the battery drain but doesn't fix the issue).

My iPad is running 15.4, it is not a home hub (The Apple TV is).

Did your battery life go back to normal the first few days after the update?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.