Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrwood

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2021
The entire front of the 2021 iMac is all glass.

When watching Apple's 2021 iMac commercial you can see crystal clear reflections on the chin.

It appear's that the chin isn't aluminum but rather glass, indicating that the entire front of this new iMac is all glass. I assume the glass is manufactured similar to the iPhone 12 back glass.

EDIT: I guess this was mentioned in the keynote - but it wasn't super clear IMO.

all_glass.png

Last edited:

kdw877

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2017
I definitely hate it you aren't wrong. Some of the fan made mockups looked great, its shocking to see how far off the mark apple are on this one.

fontman

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2009
Costa mesa
The Bass on the internal Speakers is effected by the ports being used . when plugging in a devise to the ports on the back the bass go very bad a distortion is heard at every volume level ??? any ideas

DanTSX

Suspended
Oct 22, 2013
The Bass on the internal Speakers is effected by the ports being used . when plugging in a devise to the ports on the back the bass go very bad a distortion is heard at every volume level ??? any ideas

Yes. Get external speakers with a subwoofer. Plenty of wireless and wired options out there. Preferably a pair of original homepods. For private listening, AirPods Max would be a good choice, but I use Sony MDV6 wired studio headphones with mine for this role.

It’s a slim AIO home computer. It sounds great for comfortable casual listening right in front of it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.