Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Coolpher

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 8, 2008
Seattle,WA
So I’ve noticed that my iPad touchscreens sometimes decides to not respond to touch but if I restart the device it comes back so I went to the Apple Store to a genius appointment and they ran a test and they said that there’s history of I think it was a pain pinging to the logic board Which means that it’s going out and they talked about the cost of getting a replaced for Price and I felt like it would be a bad idea with a new 2024, iPad Pro 12.9 or 13 inch coming very soon What do you guys think I should do give me your thoughts

blkjedi954

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2012
Florida
So I’ve noticed that my iPad touchscreens sometimes decides to not respond to touch but if I restart the device it comes back so I went to the Apple Store to a genius appointment and they ran a test and they said that there’s history of I think it was a pain pinging to the logic board Which means that it’s going out and they talked about the cost of getting a replaced for Price and I felt like it would be a bad idea with a new 2024, iPad Pro 12.9 or 13 inch coming very soon What do you guys think I should do give me your thoughts
Never had any such issues with my M1 iPad Pro which I got during launch month. I have used this device daily for almost 3 years. Gaming, productivity and movies. Did I mention gaming? Which I do often and not once have I encountered this issue. So firstly, I’d like to offer my condolences. Secondly, I’d wait for the new OLED pros. My only gripe with the 11 in pro is the backlit screen which is terrible for watching movies that have a dark setting. Hold on for a couple weeks to see Apple‘s next offerings.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
If you don’t have AppleCare+, don’t bother. The cost is not worth it, especially when new model is around the corner, unless you use iPad a lot to justify.
I just got mine replaced about 2 days ago and only paid service fee because I have ongoing AppleCare+.

Reactions: sparksd

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
How m
How much did they want to charge you for a replacement/repair?

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Generally speaking, repair is often not worth the cost unless you have significantly upgraded storage. Repair cost is the same on a 1TB as 256GB ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but the 1TB will have higher resale value.

Teletypewriter

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2021
I pay $7.99/mo for Applecare+ for my 1TB 5G M1 iPad Pro w/Magic Keyboard, since launch day. It keeps me from worrying about repair cost sticker shock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.