Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmgregory1

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Of those who have already pulled the pin on an M1 iPad Pro XDR pre-order, or are waiting to buy locally, is everyone excited about this product launch? I'm super excited, but at the same time feeling like we're missing out details of the product. I always liked geeking over Apple's product pages and specs, but they're seeming a bit lacking this time, kind of like how the M1 Macs were when they were initially announced.

Maybe this is the new normal for Apple, introducing new products, sharing some stunning performance specs, but then not allowing them into people's hands for weeks, in order to help drive excitement?

Reactions: Wackery

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Give it a couple more days. When the iPad Air was launched in September 2020, Apple didn't do a hands-on media event until a week after. Right now, it's Labor Day holiday up until Thursday.

Aetherhole

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2009
Tustin, CA
I am trying my best to curb my enthusiasm. I am in the first batch of pre-orders 5/21-5/28, but that's still 3 weeks away.

As a person who loves display technologies, I am eager to have the Pro XDR display in the 12.9 iPad Pro. Yes, I am missing the hype and press information on these products a little bit, but am looking forward to those trickling through in the next couple weeks. Still, I am a bit more critical of display accuracy, technology limitations which a lot of people/reviewers/sample testers won't focus on as much as I would like leading up to the product release, so I will continue to have to manage expectations until I can see it first-hand and judge it myself.

But yeah, I'm still excited!

Reactions: jmgregory1

Kierkegaarden

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2018
USA
Of those who have already pulled the pin on an M1 iPad Pro XDR pre-order, or are waiting to buy locally, is everyone excited about this product launch? I'm super excited, but at the same time feeling like we're missing out details of the product. I always liked geeking over Apple's product pages and specs, but they're seeming a bit lacking this time, kind of like how the M1 Macs were when they were initially announced.

Maybe this is the new normal for Apple, introducing new products, sharing some stunning performance specs, but then not allowing them into people's hands for weeks, in order to help drive excitement?
I think it has mainly to do with the chip shortage and low yields on the displays. We’ve become accustomed to the products being available a week or two after preorders, and the flurry of activity that follows — but now we have longer periods of time in between to wait.

I don’t believe this is intentional — rather a product of the challenges of this year.

Reactions: jmgregory1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.