Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sracer

macrumors G4
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Greetings all! Time moves quickly and we're already 1/3 the way through 2022, but for those use their iPad Mini for planning and journaling, it is never to late.

Many have downloaded and have used my 2019, 2020, and 2021 Digital Planner/Notebooks and have asked for an updated version for 2022. I have just completed it and it is now available to anyone who would like it... free of charge!

WHAT'S NEW FOR 2022

• 2022 Calendar pages
  • New cover art
  • Simpler page layout to accommodate the smaller form-factor of the Mini
  • Year-at-a-Glance launch page. This allows you to go to a particular week of a month
  • Topic Index page. This allows for custom topics/categories

If you aren't currently using my Digital Planner/Notebook but are interested, this is what you'll need:
  • any iPad with Apple Pencil support
  • an Apple Pencil
  • the GoodNotes or Notability app for iOS (optionally the macOS version for desktop access to the notebook)
  • basic knowledge of using GoodNotes/Notability

NOTES:
  • Any iPad (Pro or non) with their respective Pencil will work with this.
  • Any app that can edit/import PDF files and supports hyperlinks can work.

How to use it:
This is the cover page.
Digital Planner-2022 simple (Mini).jpg
Along the top are two tabs that take you to one of two launch pages. "Year at a Glance" will go to the year overview. From there are hyperlinks to individual months. The "Topic Index" will go to the launch page for topics/categories. The dog-ear in the upper right corner will take you back to the cover from anywhere in the notebook. (helpful when you are on a page with confidential information and need to hide it quickly)

You can write or type a title/heading anywhere on the page. You can also paste an image if you want to change the cover art.

This is the new Year-at-a-Glance page.
year at a glance.jpg
Tapping on a Month takes you to that month's overview page.

This is the month overview page.
May Overview.jpg

Here is where you can record highlights/outlooks for the month. At the beginning of the month, you can copy and paste one of the custom pages and templates included in the notebook as needed. (see instructions for copying and pasting pages within GoodNotes/Notability)

This is the new Topic Index page.
topic index.jpg
To customize, type or write the topic/category in the gradient-shaded box. Repeat that for the Topic/category "landing pages".
landing page.jpg

This is a grid page.
gridpage.jpg
There are also blank pages and meeting notes page templates.

This is the Rocketbook page for those who use the Rocketbook app. It's a great way to easily send a page to others, or store the page in the cloud.
rocketbook.jpg

If you give it a try, please post your experiences! If you have suggestions for improving it, post those too! I'm very interested in any bugs you find.

Attachments

• Digital Planner-2022 simple (Mini) v3.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 150
Last edited:

BhaveshUK

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2012
This is brilliant! Thank you so much for creating these resources and sharing so freely ?

Reactions: sracer

sracer

macrumors G4
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Can this also be used on the M1 iPad Pro 11? I have both GoodNotes and Notability. Thanks!
If you try it, please let me know how it goes. If there is interest, I could make an alternate version for the larger iPads.

This is brilliant! Thank you so much for creating these resources and sharing so freely ?
Thank you for the kind words. I try to contribute to the community here at MR in any way that I can.

Reactions: bondr006

sracer

macrumors G4
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
If you have downloaded a copy of the planner that didn't say "v3" in the filename, please download from the first post in this thread. The link at the top of the page in the planner to go to the "Topic Index" incorrectly went to "Topic 1".

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Reactions: bondr006
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.