Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Desireupg

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2022
Apple hardware engineers need to be focused on a solution, I think they may have their best working on VR. I hope for Apple’s sake they refocus on their customers and cpu product line.

Desireupg

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2022
I find it hard to believe Apple would limit the growth of their top end machine. The very reason I have a Mac Pro is the advantage I can take of new technologies to handle ever increasing software workloads and data handling. I could not justify buying the 2023 Mac Pro(not a money issue) and the GPU is a most critical piece. I totally support engineering changes to the Mac Pro to permit GPU enhancements.

I am hoping there is a better Mac Pro in the works so I can buy one and stay with Apple. I've done Linux before and can do it again, especially if others produce ARM chips for expandable systems.

mattspace

macrumors 68040
Jun 5, 2013
Australia
I find it hard to believe Apple would limit the growth of their top end machine.

Apple's strategy is to limit the growth of technology as a whole to the pace at which they are comfortable releasing rationed progress to keep sales growth happening. Theres no point in technlogy improving at a rate of 50% in a year, if someone isn't prepared to buy a 50% faster machine than the one they bought 12 months ago.

Apple's goal is a supply-side technology market. To achieve this, they withhold support for things they wish to delegitimise. Their success in ending Flash was the template they've followed ever since.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.