Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jayk15

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2023
I am looking to upgrade to the 2023 14in MacBook Pro M2 Pro and was looking for advice on about other specs would be optimal for my needs. I currently have a 2015 MacBook Pro. My main uses are going to be coding in R Studio and Python. I'm running machine learning models and working with large amounts of data. I may also be editing YouTube videos (machine learning tutorials).

I'm wondering how I should prioritize any upgrades to the base M2 Pro MacBook. For my uses should I look to upgrade to any of these: 32gb Ram, 1TB of storage, or 10core cpu/16core gpu to the 12core/19core?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: rm5

Zanton68

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2012
UK
I am looking to upgrade to the 2023 14in MacBook Pro M2 Pro and was looking for advice on about other specs would be optimal for my needs. I currently have a 2015 MacBook Pro. My main uses are going to be coding in R Studio and Python. I'm running machine learning models and working with large amounts of data. I may also be editing YouTube videos (machine learning tutorials).

I'm wondering how I should prioritize any upgrades to the base M2 Pro MacBook. For my uses should I look to upgrade to any of these: 32gb Ram, 1TB of storage, or 10core cpu/16core gpu to the 12core/19core?

Thanks in advance!
I’m looking to upgrade too but wondering about the refresh cycle. If I buy today is an updated model going to be released in October ? From what you say you do and looking at video editor reviews I’d say RAM takes priority but I am very much….not an expert….

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.