Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zakarhino

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
2026 marks the 50th anniversary of Apple. I think they're going to have some big stuff planned for that year. Here are some of the things they could do that year:
  1. Every device shipped that year features the original colorful Apple logo on the box. This is a low hanging fruit idea and they should really do it.
  2. The first iPhone with microLED and a major design overhaul, similar to the launch of iPhone X
  3. If not the first iPhone with microLED, then the first Apple Watch with microLED. Display analysts have said 2025 could be the year we see the first microLED Apple product via the Apple Watch but there have been some rumors about the launch being delayed until 2026.
  4. The first foldable iPhone/iPad. I really want this. Chinese phones like Honor's Magic v2 have demonstrated how quickly foldable tech is improving in overall form factor (the Magic v2 is practically on par with iPhone thickness when folded and it has a full size folded display).
  5. Unveiling of the Apple Glasses at WWDC (really unlikely, I think this tech is still many many years away, more like the 55th anniversary)
  6. Anniversary watch bands 🤣
Any thoughts on what they might do to celebrate the milestone?

Last edited:

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
I think you mean 50th anniversary? In any event, I feel like not including the rainbow logo would be a major missed opportunity. In fact I'm somewhat surprised it hasn't reappeared in certain uses yet. I can see why on the actual computers, as it's in contrast to the minimalist designs, but on boxes or accessories it's an obvious choice for some options.

Reactions: N69AP and zakarhino

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
2026 marks the 50th anniversary of Apple. I think they're going to have some big stuff planned for that year. Here are some of the things they could do that year:
  1. Every device shipped that year features the original colorful Apple logo on the box. This is a low hanging fruit idea and they should really do it.
  2. The first iPhone with microLED and a major design overhaul, similar to the launch of iPhone X
  3. If not the first iPhone with microLED, then the first Apple Watch with microLED. Display analysts have said 2025 could be the year we see the first microLED Apple product via the Apple Watch but there have been some rumors about the launch being delayed until 2026.
  4. The first foldable iPhone/iPad. I really want this. Chinese phones like Honor's Magic v2 have demonstrated how quickly foldable tech is improving in overall form factor (the Magic v2 is practically on par with iPhone thickness when folded and it has a full size folded display).
  5. Unveiling of the Apple Glasses at WWDC (really unlikely, I think this tech is still many many years away, more like the 55th anniversary)
  6. Anniversary watch bands 🤣
Any thoughts on what they might do to celebrate the milestone?
nah, if you have proof that you've owned at least 50 Apple products, you get 1 product of choice free :p:D

zakarhino

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
Apple didn't do anything special for their 35th, 40th, or 45th anniversaries. Why do you think 50 will be different?

50 years is the Golden jubilee so it's a bit more special than 35th or 40th for example. I agree though, I doubt we'll see much if anything. Realistically there will be a letter from Tim Cook on the homepage with a nod to Steve Jobs and *maybe* a watch band lol. Or the usual intro video at WWDC will look back at 50 years of Apple, I think that's more likely come to think of it.

With that being said part of what made me think something might happen with a product was the launch of iPhone X, the biggest revision to the iPhone form factor since launch, to celebrate 10 years of iPhone. There's also rumors of a big Apple Watch form factor update being scheduled for the 10 year anniversary of that product line.

Outside of Apple I was also thinking about how BMW shipped all 2022 cars with an optional special edition badge to celebrate their anniversary.

josselinco

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2016
Nice, France
Was wondering the same.
The lack of party around the Mac's 40th made me think they might plan something big for 2026.
I would love a 50th Anniversary Macintosh. Let's hope it includes a VCR in the SoC.

Ctrlos

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2022
A high-end relaunch of the iPod Classic along the lines of those Sony digital audio playerswould be my best guess. They make 100,000 of them, charge $500 a pop and sell out in a day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.