Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

laz232

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2016
At a café near you
Hello,

I bought an iPhone 11 a couple of days ago that came with a USB-c cable but no adaptor. I’ve been using a USB-a cable with a generic 5 watt adaptor. Tonight I noticed the phone getting pretty warm while charging. Not hot but considerably warm. Is this normal? I have another iPhone 11 that doesn’t get this warm at all. I plan on buying an Apple USB-c adaptor tomorrow.

Also, the phone case I’m using is a wallet case with the inside case held in place by a magnet, which you can take out of the wallet. Is this safe?
Normal.

There are sensors inside to prevent excessive temperature whilst charging.

If it's warm indoors then I tend to take my iphone out of its case to let it charge, for optimal battery life - but it's not a safety issue.

Reactions: throwaway2346726

Okta

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2014
Totally normal, mine gets warm if the screen is on too long or I'm on a long phone call. Batteries get warm when charging (in fact some tool battery manufacturers have fans in the charger to cool them off so they can charge them even faster)

Reactions: throwaway2346726
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.