Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jo-Kun

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Antwerp-Belgium
dollystereo said:
Get an apple display, they have a better color calibration, and realitiy color.

best color: LaCie 321 & Eizo highend screens... Eizo screens are even better than LaCie nowadays... and YES they're more expensive than any other type you might want ... but the best you can get colorwise (equal to HighEnd CRT's, able to have full Apple RGB gamut displayed)...

but I guess it might be overkill for you to get one of these?? well it all depends on what you will do with it later... being professional with graphic design/photography... then it will be the way to go...

G5Unit said:
My dad just left for an 11 day trip to Europe for Motorola. :( So I will have to wait a little before any of this takes action. Yeh I have a job, I will sell my monitor, I will sell my gamecube, and I have a bunch of other little things I could sell. I KUST NEED BUYERS! Does anyone know how big of a difference it would make if I got a 2.3ghz? And won't the old ones that arn't duel core be a lot slower then the new ones on tuesday?

there will always be faster computers made...

I allways buy one model lower than the top model (so I can get some more options in it for the same price as the top model) use it for 4/5 years fulltime & then it was worth the money... and look for the next one... I could buy a new one each year since now I have the 2x1.8 but hey there is a 2x2.7... yes it's there... but I guess I wouldn't feel the big difference yet... I switched from a PowerBook G4 400 to this... that was a difference worth wile... but I could do everything I do now on the Pb... ok a little slower... and I bought this one because the Pb got stolen... otherwise I would probably still be working with that one and maybe now start looking for a replacement...

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
G5Unit said:
Now that I have a steady flow of money i caould afford to buy a Dell 2405fpw monitor in about 2 months. I could also afford the 23inch probably by the end of the year. But I have a Power mac single 1.8ghz with an x800xt which can handle the 30 inch. With 1.25gb of ram would my Powermac Be able to play halo really good on it? I would be able to afford the 30inch in about 8 months if there are no price drops. Gaming and Movie/phto editing is what I use the computer for mainly.

I would get 30-incher. They are so cooooool :cool: and on that resolution you can have all you apps running at the same time without overapping :D

Jo-Kun

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Antwerp-Belgium
eXan said:
I would get 30-incher. They are so cooooool :cool: and on that resolution you can have all you apps running at the same time without overapping :D

well that res is just enough to run Photoshop with all toolpanels open (wich is not just a luxury issue when using Photoshop a lot) and space enough to have your image in a nice size on screen (I have one 17" on the side, just to have all tools open on it... so I have to look on another screen to see them ;-))

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.