Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
That’s how it works! My watch vibrates but my phone doesn’t make a sound, or vibrate, unless I’m using it when the alarm goes off.

*edit* my phone is always set to silent.

Reactions: Brad7

Brad7

Cancelled
Original poster
May 3, 2022
Oh I see! My iPhone ringer is off, too, but it really felt like both alarms went off. Maybe the watch speaker is just that loud lol, this is my first Apple Watch. Thank you so much!

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Oh I see! My iPhone ringer is off, too, but it really felt like both alarms went off. Maybe the watch speaker is just that loud lol, this is my first Apple Watch. Thank you so much!

Are you wearing your watch while you sleep?

I didn’t use any of the sleep tracking functions with my Series 4 and when the alarm went off it as just my phone, unless the watch and phone had lost connection.

Now that I have the ultra, and the battery life is better and the fast charging function allows me to top it up while I’m getting ready for work, I just wear the watch to bed. My alarm is silent now and I wake up to the haptic alert instead of an audible alarm.

Reactions: Brad7

Brad7

Cancelled
Original poster
May 3, 2022
Yup, I wear it during sleep. But now that you mention it, I think I may have turned BT off on my phone last night. So I guess lack of connection would make both ring. Hmm I’ll try again tonight.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.